Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Some Vintage Clipart to Distract You...

From the fact that I haven't been here for some time! Excuse me, I've been absent lately- I'm in the midst of getting together a logo, graphics, fonts and whatnot so I can move onto my own domain (It'll be lissybug.com once it's up and running.) Once I have that all together I have a bunch of vintage and second hand fabrics to list. I'm developing a little sustainable sewing shop focusing on vintage, second hand and upcycled sewing notions and fabric. Some organics may show up as well. Until then- if you like vintage images here are a few great sites I've come across with some wonderful, free vintage clip art and fonts.

Beautiful stuff at The Vintage Moth- this is my favorite recent find for vintage images:


Vintage Images and old photographs at Old Photo Album:













Clipart ETC is full of black and white line drawings such as the one below. A great source for botanical drawings as well a animals and insects.













Full Moon Graphics- Not only does she have oodles and oodles of free and wonderful graphic sets, she also has tons of resources to find even more graphics and fonts. Careful, you may not get off the computer for a long time ;)




Do you happen to need and authentic looking document from the 1920s/30s? Here ya go- The HPLHS Prop Document Project has you cevered. Also they have a list of 20s and 30s fonts for free.














And if you love Mid Century Modern (and more!), you must go to Tack-O-Rama. What a great resource for retro clipart and fonts. The background for this blog is from there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say thanks for listing me in your "also good with coffee" column, Alissa! It's an honor, and I appreciate it. I'm especially great with a cappuccino.
;-)

Good luck with the self-hosted blog project!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this! I think you posted a clip art link on twitter and it is ABSOLUTELY the site i had been seeking forever but never found (something in FL)? Anyway, I clicked away and then forgot where I found it. This reminded me. Thanks!!

Kristina said...

Thanks for the great links! I love vintage art, isn't is fabulous!?

 
design by suckmylolly.com